Osteopaths are Musculoskeletal experts that use gentle techniques within the treatment focusing on the free motion and alignment of the body framework and utilising the important link between the structure and function of the body.
Commonly used techniques include:
- Soft tissue massage – releasing tight muscles
- Articulation – joints are taken through their natural range of motion to improve movement
- Muscle energy techniques – aims at lengthening shortened muscles and increase range of motion of tight joint
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Stretching and exercise prescription