Tennis elbow is a painful condition affecting the outside part of the human elbow. The medical term for this condition is lateral epicondylitis.
Tennis elbow is often caused by overuse, abuse, and misuse of the forearm. Many forearm muscles attach at or around the lateral epicondyle, so whenever they are exploited, they pull too much force on the elbow making it sore.
The most common activities that can induce lateral epicondylitis include Tennis (especially backhands), frequent using of a screwdriver, drilling and repeated keyboard and mouse use.
Symptoms may involve pain and tenderness, and are usually felt on the outside of your dominant elbow and into the upper forearm. The pain is often exacerbated by wrist motions like gripping and anything which requires use of forearm muscles.
Initially, these methods will be customised to the area of concern, but later on in the treatment program, the joints and muscles of the wrist, hand, shoulder, neck, ribs and back will all be evaluated. Dysfunction in these areas may predispose to or help to relieve the tennis elbow
Bookings and Payments
- Book via my online booking system, It is really easy! Convenient, saving you time.
- It is also the one click you can make today to prioritise your health and get the check up you need. The first step to sorting out your aches and niggles.
- If you need to cancel a booking, a 24 hour cancellation period is required. If you cancel with greater than 24 hours notice, (day before) I can reschedule your appointment or I can issue a card payment reversal.
- If you do not show up to the appointment you will not receive a refund and if you arrive late for your appointment, the full amount will still be charged, and your session will end at the allotted time.
- There will be no refund on any treatment provided, or missed appointments.