Pilates From Home
For everyone self isolating, I’ve moved the Pilates classes online and have been zooming into peoples living rooms/bedrooms/kitchens, you name it….
A great way to stay active!
The Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPI)
Whether you are recovering from an injury or want to train your whole body more efficiently for optimum health, fitness and performance, Pilates can help you attain your goals.
Working as an Osteopath and a retired ballet dancer, I bring my skills in analysing movement, my knowledge of pathology and exercise prescription to choose Pilates exercises for my clients. I have found Pilates classes to be an excellent form of exercise for men and women of all ages, independent of fitness level.
My findings from a study of clients with low back pain, doing Pilates classes for the first time, showed a 67% improvement of back function after ten weeks. Pilates can also help following Orthopaedic surgery, improve standing balance and flexibility and help ladies to tone up after childbirth.
Pilates is one exercise approach that consists of low-impact movements that incorporate flexibility, muscular strength and balance. These exercises can be performed using your own body weight and resistance on a floor mat.
I recommend that every new member to my classes has a one to one first even if they have done Pilates before. Being able to engage the core muscles is a skill which needs individual teaching and lots of practice.
During the hour, I can determine which areas of the body needs more focus, provide some home exercises to practice and choose which level of class will be most appropriate. A questionnaire is filled out with your health details and your goals and a physical assessment is done using my Osteopathic expertise.
This enables my classes to be thoughtfully planned and exercises modified to suit each individual.
|Monday 11.00 – 12.00am
Mixed Abilities Mat Class / Beginners welcome
Mixed Abilities Mat Class/ Beginners welcome
|Wednesday 6.00 – 7.00pm
Intermediate /Advanced Mat Class
Improvers / Intermediate Mat Class
Beginners/ Improvers Mat Class
Please book appropriate class according to the timetable online. Classes will take place via a two way video link to enable me to continue to teach you.
Pilates Classes are £9.00 for an hour
Refunds and Cancellations
There are no refunds for missed classes for sickness or holidays. Refunds are considered in exceptional circumstances (e.g. admittance to hospital or re-location)
Payments and Bookings
- Book via my online booking system, It is really easy! Convenient, saving you time.
- It is also the one click you can make today to prioritise your health and get the check up you need. The first step to sorting out your aches and niggles.
- If you need to cancel a booking, a 24 hour cancellation period is required. If you cancel with greater than 24 hours notice, (day before) I can reschedule your appointment or I can issue a card payment reversal.
- If you do not show up to the appointment you will not receive a refund and if you arrive late for your appointment, the full amount will still be charged, and your session will end at the allotted time.
- There will be no refund on any treatment provided, or missed appointments.