Myofascial release (MFR) in Hedge End, Southampton is a specialised stretching technique and soft tissue technique used to treat patients with somatic dysfunction (impaired function of musculo-skeletal system) accompanying pain and restriction of motion.
To understand Myofascial release you have to understand a little about fascia. This is thin tissue that covers all the organs of the body and every fibre within each muscle.
When muscle fibres are injured, the fibres and fascia become short and tight and cause uneven stress on fascia to other parts of the body causing pain and a variety of symptoms.
Myofascial release aims to access areas of blockage releasing tension in injured fascia thereby freeing up the muscles and allowing them to move more easily and effectively.
Patients with fibromyalgia, back pain and other muscle associated health issues benefit greatly from this type of treatment.
Myofascial release is not massage and patients are surprised by how gentle this technique is. Some patients fall asleep during treatment. Most patients find Myofascial release to be a very relaxing form of treatment.
Who Can Benefit
Bookings and Payments
- Book via my online booking system, It is really easy! Convenient, saving you time.
- It is also the one click you can make today to prioritise your health and get the check up you need. The first step to sorting out your aches and niggles.
- If you need to cancel a booking, a 24 hour cancellation period is required. If you cancel with greater than 24 hours notice, (day before) I can reschedule your appointment or I can issue a card payment reversal.
- If you do not show up to the appointment you will not receive a refund and if you arrive late for your appointment, the full amount will still be charged, and your session will end at the allotted time.
- There will be no refund on any treatment provided, or missed appointments.