Hot stone massage in Hedge End, Southampton enables the body to become deeply relaxed, allowing healing to take place more efficiently and the therapist to work more deeply.
The aim of hot stone massage is to flush the body’s toxins and aid optimum healing due to the increase micro-circulation and oxygen intake within the tissues.
One stroke with a stone is equivalent to seven strokes by hand making Hot Stone Therapy very effective.
The combination of heated stones and aromatherapy oils a deeper and more intense massage as heat penetrates the body and relaxes muscles. A Hot stone is a treatment can be used anytime of the year, and can also be used as a self-indulging pamper massage especially in Winter when days are shorter and temperatures are cold. This means that after every treatment, you will feel rejuvenated and totally relaxed.
Contra-Indications of Hot Stone Therapy
Hot Stone massage is not appropriate if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, or are on medication that thins your blood. You shouldn’t get a hot stone massage if you are pregnant or have sunburn. You also may want to reconsider if you are menopausal, as it may trigger a hot flash.
- Drink plenty of water, to help flush toxins from the body
- Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol
- A quiet 24 hours if possible, avoiding strenuous activity
Bookings and Payments
- When you book a treatment at Proactive Osteopathy, Hedge End, Southampton you will receive an email with booking confirmation and a reminder email one day before as a reminder.
- Please give us 24 hour notice if you require to change your appointment so that we can give your space to someone else. Basic courtesy.
We are open Monday to Friday (with special request we can be open on Saturday) – Contact us now on 07806 759 392. you can book on-line via our price page or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further queries.
Initial Consultation & Treatment
- 60 minutes