Osteopathy & Kinesio Taping
Kinesiotape is a specialist tape developed by Dr Kenzo Kase in Japan more than 20 years ago. It is designed to mimic skin which is where it is different from traditional athletic tape.
It works in a number of ways when applied to the skin:
- It decompresses the tissues which allows fluid to flow better which can help reduce swelling, improve circulation and aid removal of toxins.*
- It can help improve or restore the natural ‘glide’ between layers of skin, muscle and bone therefore restoring or improving movement of the area.*
- Pain can generate nerve ending stimulus between skin and muscle and by decompressing this area the nerve endings aren’t being stimulated as much as before and therefore pain level is reduced.*
- Proprioception (Body’s awareness of where it is in space) is also improved which can reduce pain and improve movement.*
*Text courtesy of Rocktape.net
We use kinesio taping as part of treatment strategy where it may be of use. It is usually used in conjunction with osteopathic techniques but can also be used on its own as a preventative measure for some sports injuries.
Taping has particular success with shoulder and knee injuries, neck problems, lower back pain, & tendonitis. The aim is to maintain or improve the benefits of osteopathic treatment, enabling the body to heal itself.
It is suitable for all ages (unless you allergic to sticky plaster).
Bookings and Payments
- Book via my online booking system, It is really easy! Convenient, saving you time.
- If you need to cancel a booking, a 24 hour cancellation period is required.
- If you do not show up to the appointment you will be sent an invoice to cover loss of fees to the clinic and member of staff waiting for you. If you arrive late for your appointment, the full amount will still be charged, and your session will end at the allotted time.
- There will be no refund on any treatment provided, or for missed appointments.
WE ARE OPEN!
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday – 09:00 – 20:00
Monday & Friday – 09:00 – 19:00
Saturday – 09:00 – 13:00